Hiring A Professional Painter Vs Painting It Yourself ?
When it comes to painting your home, there are two main options: doing it yourself or hiring a professional painter
Here are some things to consider before making your decision:
– How big is the job? If you have a large home or complex design, it’s probably best to leave it to the professionals.
– What is your budget? Hiring a professional painter will cost more than doing it yourself, but if you’re on a tight budget, there are ways to save money (see below).
– Do you have the time? If you’re working full-time and/or have young children at home, it might be best to hire someone to do the job for you.
If you’re considering painting your home yourself, one of the biggest pros is that it can save you money.
Hiring a professional painter can be expensive, and if you’re on a budget, doing it yourself can be a great way to save some money. However, there are also some cons to consider. One of them is that painting your own home can be time-consuming especially when you have never done something like this before.
Also if you have a busy schedule, it might not be feasible for you to take on the project yourself. Another con is that it can be difficult to get the results you want if you’re not an experienced painter. Without professional training, it’s easy to make mistakes that will end up costing you more in the long run.
Another con is the materials cost you have to pay, for example, a professional painter has tradie accounts in the paint shops and can get the materials at least 30-40% cheaper than what you would pay. They will also have all the right equipment like scaffolding, ladders, drop sheets, etc which can again save you money if you had to hire or buy these items.
And then there’s time, a professional painter can do the job in half the time it would take most people as they are experienced and have all the necessary skills and techniques. So when deciding whether to paint your home yourself in Hobart Tasmania, or hiring a professional painter, consider these pros and cons to make an informed decision.
– If cost is your main concern, then painting your home yourself may be the best option for you
– If time is of the essence, then it may be worth paying for a professional painter
How much cost a painter per hour in Hobart Tasmania?
The average cost for a Painter is $50 per hour + Materials.
However, painters typically charge by the job, not by the hour. This allows them to give you a more accurate quote based on the size and scope of your project.
So now it’s good to do your calculation and see what it’s more worth to take your own precious time and pay nearly double for the materials and all necessary tools or get a fixed price quote for the entire job.
How to choose the right painter?
Choosing the right painter is essential for a high-quality finish in your home. You want to be sure that they have the experience and expertise to get the job done right. There are many painters in Hobart Tasmania, so how do you choose the right one?
First of all, ask your relatives or close friends for any painting company recommendations which they may use before and have been happy
If you don’t have any luck finding thru the recommendations then jump online and type:
… see what comes up!
Now when you get a few contacts it’s time to contact each one and here is what you want to know:
- How long they have been in business?
- Do they have any reviews online that you can check out?
- Can they provide you with some photos of their previous work?
- Do they have insurance?
- Are they able to give you a free quote?
- if he can give you a ballpark figure over the phone based on your description of the job.
Note: A professional painter will always insist on coming to your home for an on-site visit and measurement before giving you a quote as every job is different.
Once you are happy with the painter how presented him self book an onsite visit to get an accurate quote.
The painter should be able to answer all your questions without any difficulty, give you a detailed quote and also explain step by step how all work will be conducted, what tools and techniques will be involved, what type of paint they will use and recommend, how long the job should take and when they can start.
Here are other tips and things to keep in mind:
- If the painter says that can’t start the job straight away and only in a couple of weeks or months don’t be negative as this is a very positive sign that the painter is trusted by many homeowners and it’s busy most of the time.
- If the painter gives you a workmanship warranty without asking him this is another good sign that the painter is confident about his work and will stand by it.
- Also, be aware of painters who are too cheap as this can mean they will cut some corners to make up for their low rates.
Now once the painter responded to the above questions, ask him how soon will you receive the quote.
Note: A good painter should be able to give you a detailed quote within 24 hours and start the job on the day he scheduled initially.
How much is an average painting quote in Hobart areas?
For a three-bedroom house, it will cost you around $5,000 to $10,000 for external painting in the Hobart area and around $6000 to $12,000 for internal painting.
These prices may change depending on the size of your home, how many painters are required, how complex it’s the job and what type of paint to use but should be a good starting point when evaluating the quotes.
What is the best paint for your home?
The best paint for your home will depend on the type of house you have and what areas you want to paint.
Note: Best is to ask the painter you hire or your local paint shop.
The best paint for internal surfaces In Hobart:
- Walls/Ceilings – Dulux Wash&Wear or Haymes Expression
- WoodWork – Dulux Super Enamel or Haymes Ultra Enamel
- Wet Areas: Dulux Kitchen&Bathroom
The best paint for external surfaces In Hobart:
- Render/Weatherboard Walls: Dulux Weathershield or Haymes Solashield
- Trim/Windows – Dulux AquaEnamel or Haymes UltraTrim
- For all metal surfaces, it’s recommended to use Dulux Matalshield Range
When is the best time of year to paint your home?
The best time of year to paint your home is during the spring and summer months when the weather is warmer as this will help the paint to dry faster and not disturb the progress because of bad weather.
It’s important to check the forecast before painting as you don’t want to paint on a day when it’s going to rain as this can cause the paint to run.
But in general, here in Tasmania, we do have not that bad winter and have seen the painter’s painting during winter too but mainly inside the property.
If you need to paint the exterior of your house then it’s best to do this during warmer months.
But the interior then this can be done all year round.
We hope this guide gave you a bit more understanding and points of view when planning to paint your home interior or exterior shortly and help you make an informed decision whether to do it yourself or hire a professional painter in Tasmania.
And remember, if you need any help finding a good painting contractors Hobart who will deliver a high quality finish then don’t hesitate to contact Painters Hobart